What about Thermal Insulation Materials & Increasing Property’s Operation Sufficiency?
While thinking about building a new home, we calculate everything starting from the price of the land, the materials, till the price of the final finishing. But, did you ever think about the cost that you will afford after finishing? Or while operating such building?
Building is like a machine that requires costs to build it and while operating it. As most of us do not take into consideration such cost and consider it as a fixed thing that cannot be changed. But, there are electricity, water, gas, etc. So, in this article, we will tackle some ideas or tips that can increase the operation sufficiency of a property and also its value.
- Building Material: As we live in a hot climate countries, so we need building materials that can resist heat’s absorption and save coldness inside the building. So, the need for using air-conditions will totally decrease. However, the materials that can be used are: concrete cement blocks, thermal insulation materials, hollow core walls, and thermal bricks,
- Directions: The interior design of the building can be done in a way that helps in natural ventilation. It can be done via directing the building to the all-year-wind-direction; in Egypt it is the north direction,
- Design: There are more than one factor that shall be taken into consideration like: increasing the shadows by using the split level exterior design and building interior yards if possible; as such way was the dominated one in the ancient buildings like Suhaimi house (Bayt Al-Suhaymi) and Zainab Khatoon house,
- Vents: most of the modern buildings go to expand the vents and the windows to imitate the modern western buildings, but this way of building allows the sun rays to enter which raises the temperature inside the building. So, it is preferred to have smaller windows and cover it well to allow small amount of sun rays to enter,
- Interfaces’ Colors: when you use bright colors, it is more efficient in insulating the heat, in contrast with using the dark colors,
- Simulate Traditional Architectural Styles: The ancient architecture methods are the most efficient one in saving the temperature. It is a way to return back to the past, but it is a solution that proved to be an efficient one over ages; while developing it to suit the modern buildings.
Most of us think that we cannot control the temperature inside the building, but this is wrong as may be the imitated methods cannot fit our environment which consequently increase the temperature so you will afford the cost of decreasing it via using air-conditions and other methods which is an extra burden for the owner and the tenant.